Yellow Dog Enterprise Linux
TOPIC: Finding the MAC Address on the PXCAB (GigaAccel 180)
- Connect to the PXCAB via a serial connection using the following settings:
- Set the baudrate to 115200
- Set carrier watch to OFF
- Set flow control to NONE
- Power on the PXCAB by powering on the host computer.
- Watch via the serial connection the PXCAB boot up:
Welcome to Open Firmware
Licensed Internal Code - Property of IBM
(c) Copyright IBM Corp. 2005, 2008 All Rights Reserved.
Cell/B.E. is a trademark of SONY Computer Entertainment Inc.
- At the prompt that is displayed, type:
- You will then see the following output containing the MAC address for the PXCAB:
Trying to load: from:
/axon@10000000000/plb5/plb4/pcix@40000046/ethernet@1 ... Bootloader 1.6
Reading MAC address from device: 00:1a:64:7e:01:f0
This HOWTO was prepared by Owen Stampflee and Bonnie Gosler, Fixstars Solutions, Inc.